Saturday, March 5, 2011

working out,insanity, and health

      At the beginning of the year, I decided to get SERIOUS about getting in shape and feeling great.  I am sure that every other American had the same New Year's resolution, but I was SERIOUS about mine.  I have always been an energetic girl, but I always put my energy into everything else.  I decided to start paying attention to my health and work on building a healthy heart. Majority of my life I have been fairly slim or small and I have always had a high metabolism. But once I graduated from college and started working a regular 9-5 job I find myself not being as active as I was AND gaining weight AND  that is not cute at ALL. I wanna say that I gain between 10-15 pounds. So far I have lost 9 pounds and inches in my stomach, waist,arms, leg. But none in my thighs. BUT I would like to lose some more weight and inches. My goal is to lose 30 pounds total. I would like to lose 4-5 more inches in my thighs and legs, and 4-5 more inches in my waist and stomach.

      I joined the gym late January 2011, and I found a personal trainer that I have been working with. He is teaching me how to eat healthy and I work out with him twice a week, and I work out on my own 2 more times a week, totaling up to 4 times a week and I typically workout for 2 hours at a time. I keep a food journal and I am eating more healthier. I use to eat one or two meals a day, now i am eating 6 small meals a day. It is def. giving me more energy and helping me.

   As far as working out, I do a little bit of everything. weights, lifting, dancing, jogging, running, A LOT of group fitness workout like hip hop, belly dance, abs and more, yoga, Pilates, etc.and I do a lot of circuit workouts. I am losing more so inches then weight. My goal is to kick it up a notch and work out twice a day 4-5 days a week. I am going to add insanity to my workout plan. I purchased insanity this summer, and I used it for about 17 days and I lost 7 pounds. Not bad for a week in a half. So i figured by eating healthier and working out twice a day once in the morning and again in the evening I am good to go. I will begin my insanity workout on Monday. We shall see.I am trying to look good in smaller jeans and a bathing suit. (which is funny because I dont even swim) My deadline/goal is May 8, 2011. Keep me in your prayers and pray that I stay focus.This is WEEK 6 with my trainer, But tomorrow will be day 1 with my insanity and my trainer. Right now I am just proud of myself for sticking to this goal, and I am working hard to reach it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment